Monday, April 08, 2013

February & March Stuff

January was a significantly more productive month than any other of the first quarter of 2013, but February and March saw a dramatic uptick in sock production.  Socks, the thing that inspired me to learn to knit.

I am not kidding about this - I watched a lady magic-loop a beautiful burgandy-and-gold sock yarn while waiting for jury duty one day, and thought I have to learn to do that.  It took me a while to get to the point where I feel I can say, "I am a sock-knitter," but yes, I do loves them.

One of my goals for this year is to knit at least 13 pairs of socks in 2013.  I am 4/13ths of the way there, plus a bit (since I'm done with the toes and first inch of ribbing on my next pair).


Oh, socks, how I love thee ...




I also made a pair of chevron-purl mitts for a swap

And discovered a new pattern that resulted in my current-favorite hat (on the left).

No comments: