Thursday, August 04, 2011

52 in 52: Week 31

So, Weeks 16 through 30 were, um, busy.  Between trying to finish up student teaching and all the involved paperwork (including the never-ending portfolio), trying to find a job for this fall, volunteering at summer school, and the Vacation of Awesome, it's been a fairly breathless summer.


 I found time to complete another Umbrous shawl, however, which ... just ... Crystal writes amazing patterns.  Super easy to follow, scalable, and a beautiful end project.  Love.


Moving backwards a bit, it's sort of been the Year of the Shawl for me.  Umbrous was #3 for the year and I've got another 2 that I plan to finish before the end of August.  I also made Annis in red silk as a host-teacher thank you gift and Taygete for my MIL this spring.



I also completed a few small items, including a funky, bright-blue ear flap hat and a felted Alluvia bag, both for me.  Which means, of the projects posted in this entry, I'm running a 3:2 ratio of selfish knitting to gift knitting.  (Still hoping to come out at least 2:1 by year's end.)



1 comment:

Unknown said...

These are ALL gorgeous. Plus, I don't think that ratio is valid, when you consider the number of stitches and size of yarn. :)