Sunday, August 20, 2006

CK not OK

I'm mad at Creating Keepsakes right now. I used to subscribe to their Simple Scrapbooks magazine, but had recently let my subscription lapse (with every intention of renewing once life slowed down a little for me).

No longer. A few weeks ago, I got an unsolicited package from them -- a DVD from CK's Essential Scrapbook video collection. I did not ask for this -- I'm not even a current subscriber. And as I've discussed previously, I'm actually trying to cull my craft supplies -- not add more.

I thought I'd shipped it back the day I got it. Guess not -- I came across the package, again, when I was cleaning up the area around my computer desk (in the living room, so the stacks tend to be days or weeks old, not months and months).

I guess it was just the right combination of annoyance with crappy marketing techniques (opt-out-of-our-shipments), irritation with my own organizational flaws, and lack-of-sleep thanks to my recently punishing work schedule (at work until 3 am Thursday followed by a full work-day Friday). And my computer is acting up.

So, in the most mature, adult manner possible, I ripped the letter detailing the offer into itty, bitty pieces, shoved those pieces along with the reply form (NO! I don't want your crap!) into the pre-addressed envelope. That wasn't quite enough, though.

So I grabbed my ever-present Sharpie marker and proceeded to write on both sides of the packaging, DVD, and "free" supplies: DID NOT ORDER.

Aw, they won't be able to ship this stuff back out to some unsuspecting consumer. Pity, that.

(I wonder if they'll charge me for the defaced merchandise. That I did not order. Hmmmm.)

No comments: