Friday, August 11, 2006

Craft Room Clean-up '06

It's time. It's definitely, definitely time. I've started losing basic supplies (like my Ginghers) while sitting at the sewing machine. Time for a change.

The first step was completed last year, when I painted the room (originally boring white) and hung shelves. Now, for the next step: sorting, purging (eek!), and organizing.
I have an organizational scheme, though! Oh, yes. I have file storage boxes that I intend to paint according to a color-coding system, then label. Preferably with pretty labels. :) Here's the color scheme (in Behr paint colors, since that's what I bought):
knit/crochetBriquette (190D-7)
art/misc craft suppliesOlive Shadow (360F-7)
paper crafts Polar Bear (white)
quiltingDecember Eve (580F-7)
sewingIndulgent (690F-7)
x-stitch/embroiderySpiced Butternut (310B-5)
toy makingHaunting Melody (110D-6)
office suppliesPumpkin Patch (S-H-250)
fabric stashWooden Cabin (590F-7)


It's going to be so pretty when it's done!

No comments: