Wednesday, January 27, 2010

So, um, Yay! Finishes!


I finished the wedding dress. Actually, it ended up being Mom and SIL who finished the dress while I was off getting turned into Fancy Me. I had to calmly ask Mom to stop sewing because I had the sandwiches for the reception in the back of my car. Pretty dress was/is pretty. Maybe not as reusable as I'd hoped, but pretty.

(Yes, the neckline is high. There was some miscommunicaton.)

During my Month of Southern Living and House Cleaning, I got some knitting done. I flew down to Alabama on December 24, arriving the afternoon of the 25th. I finally got to come home this past Friday, January 22.

(There was a car accident. It was bad. Mom was in the hospital and youngest brother was left to fend for himself - with no car and no license. The situation required significantly more of my time than I'd originally budgeted, so I ended up having to cancel a bunch of substitute teaching assignments and pay a change fee in order to stay long enough to Get Stuff Done.)

Finished objects completed on plane rides and in hospital waiting rooms: 2.

Meet Bro & SIL D's (late) Christmas gifts: the farrow rib scarf and the keep-warm cowl. Farrow rib scarf was done in Patons Classic Wool (forest colorway) on size 8 needles. I used the farrow rib scarf pattern from The Little Box of Scarves, although my version is several inches longer as Bro is over six feet tall.

The keep-warm cowl was knit in Rowan Kidsilk Haze (blood colorway) on size 6 needles from Knitty's Abby. I used Jeny's Surprisingly Stretchy Bind Off instead of the recommended Russian Bind Off as I could not get the latter to work for me.

I have also begun work on the thank-you gifts for my practicum host teachers, but that's a whole 'nother post.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

What a beautiful wedding dress! You sure are a pretty bride!