Saturday, January 01, 2011

52 in 52

I came across an ambitious - and awesome - group on Ravelry this week. It's called "52 in 52" and the idea is that participants commit to complete 52 projects in 52 weeks. It's also not necessarily a one-project-per-week thing, since some projects go quickly and others not so much. (Ben's Henry, I am looking at you.)

One of the requirements of this challenge is that fiber artists have no more than 4 projects on the needles at once. I've developed up a bad habit that, along with stashing yarn, is relatively new and I'm not thrilled over: I've started starting multiple projects at once, then only working on one at a time. If I'm not switching between projects, what's the point in multiple starts?!


(This will also help me finally finish the long-languishing sweater for Himself and the entrelac wrap I've been not finishing for the past five or so years. And also my goal of having a full wardrobe of crazy socks that are also school-appropriate.)

Since the 52 in 52 group runs June to June, I think I'll be participating informally in the group, so I plan to track my progress and plans here. Which means I may possibly be a better blogger, too.

Plan for January 2011

1) Finish Spearhead Cowl
2) Recess Duty Mitts
3) Forget-Me-Not Hat
4) Finish Golden Ratio Mittens


If I finish all of the above before the end of January, I'll work on one of my long-hibernating projects.

No comments: